Whether you’re a Junior Miner startup or a Major Miner expanding – Transhipment systems are more cost effective than Conventional export thinking of Large Ports and Jetties.
- Reduces Sovereign risk, time and cost and headache of the permitting minefield.
- Small footprint shore infrastructure.
- Small shallow harbour eliminates the need for dredging, or major jetty structure – Quick environmental approvals and low capex.
Reduces CAPEX and OPEX:
- Lower manning and power requirements than conventional systems.
- Can handle rougher seas, eliminates demurrage and feeder damage.
- Reduced port charges – berthage, wharfage, tugs, line boats etc.
- Faster transfer rates than conventional transhipper
Most Transhipment methods are generally restricted to sheltered inshore coastal waters, but dust and Transportable Moisture Limits (TML) are common problems.
Restricted to Max wave heights 2-2.5m and Max wind speeds of 20-25kts
STS provides tailored transhipment solutions to environmental restrictions, weather constraints and lower operational costs.
- Length 86M
- Beam 18.5M
- Depth 8M
- Draft 3.9M
- Deadweight 3,500DWT
- Speed 11 knots
- Discharge Rate 1000TPH