Specialising in new Ferry Services and fleet modernisation through new efficient vessels, our team of ferry operation consultants can provide you with the best solutions through our Bankable Feasibility Studies, no matter what the transport task and size is.
Our Scope of supply begins from Conceptual Studies, Pre-Feasibility Studies and Bankable Feasibility Studies right through to Design Deliverables, Construction & On-site Management, Vessel Delivery and initial Operation Management teams if required.
See below for some of the ferry operations founded by or in conjunction with Sea Transport Solutions.
Because Sea Transport Solutions also own and operate ferries, we can provide the total solution.
Optimisation studies done by Sea Transport Solutions:
- Vessel designs by STS.
- Harbour / ramp layouts by STS.
- All new services saw regional development and increased jobs.
- All services incurred huge tourism increases.
- All services are profitable and do not need subsidies.
Currently Operating Ferry Vessels:
|Country||Vessels in Operation|
|Holland Harlingen||Terschelling (2)|
|Israel||Sea of Galilee (2)|
|Fiji||Western Island (2)|
|Venezuela||Margarita Islands (2)|
|Oman||Coastal Routes (3)|
|Solomon Islands||Coastal Routes (1)|
|Australia||All States (20)|
|United Kingdom||Orkney (1)|
|Papua New Guinea||Coastal (3)|
|United Arab Emirates||Abu Dhabi (2)|
|New Zealand||Waiheke Island (2)
Milford Sound (2)
PENINSULA SEAROAD – VICTORIA, SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- This service was founded by Sea Transport’s CEO in 1987
- Reduced Road Distance by 250km
- Reduced Carbon emissions by up to 550,000 tonnes per annum
- Reduced Regional road accidents and road maintenance.
- Now Carrying 300,000 vehicles and 900,000 passengers p.a.
- Introduced by STS in 2000 after 40 years of the Bahamas using second hand ferries with no spares
- Increased regional employment and exports
- Now carrying 60,000 vehicles, 8,000 containers and 200,000 passengers p.a. to 9 destinations
KANGAROO ISLAND – SOUTH AUSTRLIA
- Introduced by STS after 40 years of poor service Govt. ferry with union crew from Adelaide to Kinscote
- Eliminated Govt. subsidy $10m p.a.
- Increased regional employment
- Increased Land values
- Tourist Award winner – National and State
- Now carrying 160,000 vehicles, and 270,000 pax p.a.
STRADBROKE ISLAND – QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA
- Introduced by STS to improve the service quality over landing craft designs.
- Reduced the need for dredging with shallow draft quad screw vessels.
- Improved noise levels and passenger comfort.
- Now carrying 200,000 vehicles and 400,000 pax p.a.
SPENCER GULF – SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Introduced by STS after 45 years of unsuccessful attempts by others!
- Reduces road distance by 350 km.
- Reduces the Carbon emissions by up to 24,000 tonnes p.a.
- Region’s road accident toll and road maintenance costs are reduced.
- Now carrying 35,000 vehicles and 80,000 pax p.a.